Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Off to Rainy Key Biscayne

Early post, because this is our travel day to the Sony Ericsson. The weather forecast is excellent, but then again there were no showers expected today and it's raining there now. The silver lining? Well, if the Federer Querrey night match gets pushed back until Sunday, I'll have a chance to see it. I was hoping that Querrey would win a couple of matches so I could see him play (live) for the first time since September 2005, but I don't think this is going to be my opportunity. Federer is obviously motivated after that shocking loss to Canas, and he's had plenty of time to rest and practice.

Since my focus on this site is college and junior tennis, as well as player development, I don't often link to commentary about the pro game's politics and issues, although I have plenty of opinions on all the issues. My friend Lynn Berenbaum, who has her own excellent blog, Off the Baseline, writes regularly for TennisX, and her recent take there on what she calls "The Tennis Glamification Project" going on at the SE is too good to miss.

0 comments: