Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

And now for something completely different....

With apologies to Monty Python for the headline, and thanks to the anonymous comment that mentioned this story yesterday, I'm excited to provide this long, fascinating article about the nature of talent, which begins at the Spartak Tennis Club in Moscow, and ends with Robert Lansdorp's characteristic bluntness.

I'm not familiar with Daniel Coyle, the story's author, but the man can flat out write, and although there is a lot of science in this article, there's also much nuance and common sense, as well as an openness to possible explanations that reflects a generous intelligence.

It may take some time to read, but for me, it's an important and original look at an issue of endless fascination. What is talent? Some of the answers have challenged me to rethink some of the answers I thought I had to that question.

0 comments: