Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Friday, March 2, 2007

Just in Time


Boise ID--
More than 24 hours after I left Kalamazoo, I finally arrived in Boise. It was a frustrating trip, thanks to the blizzard in the Upper Midwest, but I managed to get here for the start of the Boise State - Utah match, won by the home team 7-0.


The story for Tennis magazine is a feature on Broncos head coach Greg Patton, and with two dual matches this weekend, it is giving me an opportunity to watch him in action. Despite the cold (30s) temperatures, meaning the match had to moved indoors, Patton was upbeat and positive, as anyone who knows him would expect. Although I was tired and feeling sorry for myself for all the travel woes, I couldn't mope around--it's just not possible when you see the energetic and cheerful Patton, still coaching his No. 6 singles as diligently as ever with the match long since decided.

Since my time was given over to interviews for most of the afternoon, I didn't get to see much of the singles action today--maybe tomorrow against Penn, I'll get a chance to watch some tennis. The weather forecast is calling for warmer and sunnier weather for tomorrow, (although all the snow on the distant mountains looks wintery indeed) so the match may be played outdoors, at the Appleton Tennis Center, which I have yet to see. Thirty-six hours isn't exactly a long weekend, but I'm doing my best to "enjoy the journey."

0 comments: