Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Eddie Herr Wrap; Australian Wild Card Playoff; Vote for ZooTennis as Tennis Blog of the Year

My weekly post for The Tennis Recruiting Network is a roundup of last week's Eddie Herr. I hope it provides an overall review of the highlights of that always exciting and chaotic week; for my more in-depth daily coverage, go to "older posts" or the category entitled International Tournaments. I hope to get a slide show up when I get a few hours off, but an Eddie Herr photo gallery is also up for viewing today on The Tennis Recruiting Network.

I spoke with Jay Berger, the USTA's new head of Men's Tennis for Elite Player Development early this week, and he told me the Australian Open main draw wild card playoff is scheduled for next weekend in Boca Raton, with John Isner, Wayne Odesnik, Donald Young and Jesse Levine vying for the wild card that the USTA exchanges with Tennis Australia every year. I don't yet have the information on the women's wild card, but will try to get it later in the week.

And a reminder that if you would like to vote for ZooTennis for Tennis Blog of the Year, please click on graphic in the upper left-hand corner for the On The Baseline WTA site's ballot.


0 comments: