Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Easter Bowl Slideshow

These slide shows have become one of my favorite post-tournament tasks. It takes time, but I enjoy selecting and tweaking the photos for inclusion. In order to get them on YouTube, I've started using animoto, a free program (for 30-second videos only), which doesn't allow me to control the process like Slideroll does. But it also is a chance to reach a wider audience, and it's not difficult, so why not? The Animoto/YouTube version is here.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Colette - great job with the slideshow! I like the "completeness" of the slideshow here, but I also like the sound and video effects of your youtube post. Great tandem! Incidentally, how do you get such great close-up shots? Do you use an hi-res camera and cut the intended image? I've been trying to get a better close-ups myself, but (a) I have trouble following the moving subject and (b) the image is often blurred. Do share your secrets! ;^)

Colette Lewis said...

Thanks, John.
I have a Canon EOS Rebel XT with a 75-300mm lens. I make liberal use Photoshop, cropping heavily. And I take a lot of photos to get one or two goods ones. That's the beauty of digital.

Unknown said...

Hmmm, I guess I need a good camera, a good software package, and time for edits to get good photos. Who'da thunk?! Seriously though, thanks for the tips. I have a friend who is a photographer, and it really is amazing what you can do in Photoshop when you know what you're doing. Keep up the great work!