Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Friday, September 22, 2006

A Short Break


I'm taking a few days off to visit my brother and his family in North Carolina, and I'm not sure how much I'll post for the next four or five days.

If the U.S. Davis Cup team miraculously rebounds from down 2-0, I suppose that could prompt me, but my brother's a golf course superintendent, so I imagine we'll spend a lot of time watching that other Cup competition going on in Europe. We're trailing in that one too, but maybe Roger Federer's new best friend can turn it around.

So, while I'm away, keep thinking on the High Performance issue (I think it's time we give Coco Vandeweghe a rest), the Flat World, etc., and I'll try not to fall too far behind on moderating the comments.


I'll sign off with several links. Usta.com has put Jamie Hunt in its Junior Spotlight, tennisrecruiting.net has added a couple of profiles recently, and US Open junior girls runnerup Tamira Paszek of Austria has just reached the semifinals of a WTA tour event in Slovenia. Here's the WTA's story of her win today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in NC does your brother work? After retiring from careers in Kalamazoo , my wife and I retired to Asheville NC. (Western North Carolina in the mountains) I have so enjoyed reading your newsletter and would enjoy haveing coffee or dinner with you, if you are in the neighborhood. Ken

Colette Lewis said...

My brother is in Wilmington.