Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Paszek Discovered by WTA website


Bob Larson's Tennis News is an indispensable resource for pro tennis news, and I discovered this "getting to know" article on Tamira Paszek from the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour website via his Tennis News section.

From my brief conversations with Paszek in New York, I was impressed by her maturity and her cosmopolitan outlook. Her family history provides some clue where that came from.

Tennis News has recently added to the home page sections entitled Jr. Tennis News and Jr. Tournament News, which I hope will add to more mainstream exposure for juniors.

I've also recently come upon another site, called Matrix (?) that provides a quick overview of every ITF Junior event winner by week, with their birthdate included. It's a quick, one-page, one-click overview, which saves the time of going back and forth on the ITF junior site.

Also, this week's Inside Junior Tennis podcast is available now. I want to add that Kevin McClure and I discuss the new combined ranking that the USTA is implementing, which will include doubles results. I said in the podcast that I thought it was starting in 2007. It is actually going to begin in 2008.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to post this here, but does anyone know anything about whats going on with CHRIS CHIRICO, colege or just is he still playing? thanks

Colette Lewis said...

Last I heard, Chris Chirico was pursuing a career in acting in Hollywood. I'll see if I can get an update while I'm in Tulsa.

Anonymous said...

hmm, lol thats really interesting, btw colette are u in tulsa, sry for asking but are u doing coverage of the junior event? oh and if u dont forget just follow up on the chris chirico thing, thanks

Colette Lewis said...

I'm going to Tulsa for the ITA All-American. I might see some of the ITF B1 qualifying, but won't be there for the main draw.