Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Monday, September 11, 2006

Goodbye to New York



September 11th is now a day for perspective, and as I prepare to return home Monday evening, I'm reminded that the frenzied week of tennis I've just experienced isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

Because of rain on Tuesday, the doubles finals were pushed back a day, and I had to change my flight back home from Sunday to Monday to be able to be at the match. I owe Marcia Frost a huge thank you for offering me her spare room and a ride to the airport for this last minute change. She's promised to let us reciprocate in Kalamazoo, an event she's hasn't yet attended. I know I'm not the only one who was changing reservations. I think Austin Krajicek had to rebook five or six times because he and Jarmere Jenkins just kept on winning in doubles.

This article from Nate Schnugg's hometown newspaper was put together by writers who weren't there, but since I didn't see the entire match myself, due to interviewing commitments, I'm not throwing any stones.

I've got quite a few stories to write, revise, etc. so I won't be able to give a lot of time to searching for junior stories to link to, but I think I've provided plenty of content to chew on during this past week in New York.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I asked this before but didn't see anyone respond.

Does anybody know why Nate Schungg stopped playing doubles with Kellen Damico after they won Junior Wimbledon? It's incredibly conspicuous that they get to the finals of the Australian Open, win Wimbledon, and then they disband as a team almost immediately after such incredible success.

Colette Lewis said...

Check the August 28th post's comments

Anonymous said...

How do I find the August 28 post's comments?

Colette Lewis said...

To find a previous post, use the archives, which are organized by month. That section appears on the left side of the home page, below the "previous posts" section.