Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Friday, April 27, 2007

Michelle Larcher de Brito video profile; Donald Young Contrasted with Ryan Heller

This video profile, from what I understand is a British television sports feature show, marks the zootennis debut of YouTube. Michelle Larcher de Brito is the subject, and for all the discussion about Carlos Boluda that we've had, I haven't heard any comments on the best 14-year-old girl in the world. I'm a bit baffled however, about Larcher de Brito's affinity for Martina Hingis. I don't see any of the Swiss champion's game in Larcher de Brito's, but if she's hoping to add that kind of nuance to her already impressive power, I'm all for it.


The Chicago Tribune today had this interesting feature contrasting two tennis stars from the area: Donald Young and Ryan Heller. Heller, a senior at the University of Michigan, is competing this weekend in West Lafayette, Ind. at the Big Ten Championships. Young, well, you know all about him don't you? The interview with Donald Young Sr. has some new insights and the first reference to Young and college tennis that I can ever remember reading. And as realistic as Heller is about his place in the tennis pecking order, I hope that tennis remains a significant part of his life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Collette,

Have a look at the follow-through on de Brito's forehand and you'll see Hingis.

Anonymous said...

There's one thing wrong at the end of the article. They say DY3 is now 6'1", 155lbs. The weight is dead on, but unless he has grown 3in since November he's still 5'10". Im 5'10" with shoes on and I basically looked him right in the eye when I was working a Challenger last fall.

Now that doesn't mean anything. Grosjean is about his height and he has had a great career.

Colette Lewis said...

I agree that Young probably isn't 6-foot-1. When I saw him in January, I thought he looked a bit taller, maybe 5' 11".