Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Monday, April 10, 2006

Brief Davis Cup Interlude



©Colette Lewis 2006
Palm Spring CA--

We managed to get from Carson to Rancho Mirage before Sunday's Davis Cup tie had concluded, and when I arrived I wasn't a bit disappointed to hear that Blake was playing a dead rubber. I like drama as much as the next person, but I was glad Roddick got it over with sooner rather than later.

I got to sit in on the Roddick press conference, always a treat, and when Blake did his, I even had a legitimate question to ask him about practice partner Sam Querrey. My question is the last one in this transcript. All of you curious about Blake's take on college tennis in general and Sam Querrey in particular should have a look.

I was fortunate to have today off--I wrote my SMASH column (no link yet but it should be posted Tuesday) unpacked, and had a chance to catch up with parents I didn't get to see in Carson. Now I'm looking forward to a dinner not eaten at a desk, and an opportunity to rest up for tomorrow's eight o'clock matches.

There are three different links for the Easter Bowl. The ITF event can be found here, the boys 16s event here, and the girls 16s & 14s and the boys 14s here.

0 comments: