Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Monday, September 12, 2005

Tulane tennis teams to enroll at A&M::Aggiesports.com

Aggiesports.com
Tulane tennis teams to enroll at A&M--

We're back from the nonstop hyperactivity that is New York and the Open. It was so soothing to do some simple, quiet, domestic things this afternoon. Pick a cucumber and tomato from the garden, take a nap, do a load (or four) of laundry, water my flowers. In short, have a home again. Which, when I look at the news these days, is nothing to be taken for granted.

With my frenetic pursuit of tennis stories the past couple of weeks, any time to reflect and contemplate the destruction Katrina has wrought has been limited. But my friend Marcia Frost, of collegeandjuniortennis.com emailed me this story about the Tulane tennis team's move to Texas A & M. All the better that it was written by Robert Premeaux, a College Station reporter who was covering the NCAAs when I made my first visit in May, and welcomed me in fine Texas fashion. So it's no surprise to me that the university's academic and athletic departments would be gracious and accommodating while serving as a substitute venue for Tulane.

And please, if you haven't yet taken the time to donate to the relief efforts, please consider it now. Yahoo provides an excellent starting point here

0 comments: