Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wimbledon Junior Acceptances

For those of you asking where I'll be next, there's only one tournament I'm certain I'll be attending--Wimbledon!

It's been a goal of mine since I started writing about tennis to make the pilgrimage, and thanks to SMASH magazine, I've received a credential for this year's junior championships. The good news is that I'm going, the bad news is that I will need special permission, which I am still seeking, to cover it for zootennis while I'm there. In order to submit a credential, you must sign an agreement that you won't write for another internet site other than the one sponsoring you for a credential. As you know if you're a regular reader, daily tournament reports are an integral part of my routine when I'm traveling--I can't imagine how I'll manage without that outlet. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Anyway, the junior acceptances were posted last week on the Wimbledon website.

The most notable entry is Donald Young, who hasn't played a junior tournament since last year's Orange Bowl. The other American boys competing are Johnny Hamui, Mateusz Kecki and Austin Krajicek. The U.S. girls in the main draw are Madison Brengle, Reka Zsilinszka, Mallory Cecil, Gail Brodsky and Veronica Li. Melanie Oudin and Julia Boserup are in the qualifying draw.

I am considering a short trip to the ITF Grass Courts in Philadelphia, one of my favorite tournaments, and to the Boys 18s & 16s Clay Courts in Delray Beach, but I haven't made any concrete plans for those two events. I'll let you know if I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After you experience Wimbledon, no other tennis experience will be equal!! I assure you, afer you go onece, Wimbledon will be on your priority list for years to come......And, don't forget the Strawberries and Cream!

Have a great trip and we look foreword to your reporting.

Anonymous said...

colette you should go to the claysss they will be fun!