Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Down to the Wire, Only Closer:: Peter Bodo's Tennis World Blog


Down to the Wire, Only Closer:: Peter Bodo's Tennis World Blog ~~~

You may have gathered from my brief posts of the past two days that I'm taking some time off, which is true. I did not fly to Merida to cover the Yucatan Cup--I may a little off the deep end when it comes to junior tennis, as Peter Bodo implies in the above post, but I'm not that far gone.

Rather than spend the entire day at a tournament, as I did for a two-week plus span with the Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl, I'm working on other assignments--which reminds me, I never posted the link to my Eddie Herr story for tennisrecruiting.net.

But I am following the Yucatan Cup via the itf junior website, and I'm seeing, that with the rest of tennis on vacation, this race between Cilic and Young is drawing some notice by the mainstream tennis press.

Young and Cilic are still in and Orange Bowl champion Robin Roshardt is out (props to Chris Racz of the U.S. for that big win). Cilic did get the better of Young in lining up a doubles partner for this week. Cilic got Roshardt , Young is playing with Jamaal Adderley.

0 comments: