Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Monday, September 8, 2008

Curtain Drawn on 2008 US Open



We got home in time to see the second and third sets of the Federer win over Murray (Federer has won every grand slam I've covered, Murray won the first junior slam I covered, the 2004 U.S. Open boys title), and after ten days of watching tennis, I need to start writing the stories that pay the bills this week. (A nine-day stay in New York generates a number that will get your attention, believe me.) Which reminds me, please use the links to Tennis Warehouse and Amazon on the right when you make purchases at those two sites. It helps underwrite my travel expenses.

With deadlines all week, I may not be able to devote too much time to catching up on what I missed while I was gone. But I did want to provide links to the usopen.org coverage of the juniors, which was excellent all week(much better than any of the other Grand Slams) primarily due to the diligence of Steve Pratt, a Southern California-based tennis writer. Pratt wrote the website's account of Vandeweghe's victory over Paz Sunday; Brian Cleary did usopen.org's story on the Dimitrov - Britton match. (I did provide a correction of his reference to Tomic in the comments.)

The only other mainstream media story of any length I've come across about the juniors is this coverage of Vandeweghe's championship by the Star-Ledger.

Marcia Frost's three weeks of Open coverage can be found at collegeandjuniortennis.com.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did anyone notice The AP wire service printed a retraction on the Chris(tian) Harrison racket throwing article today. He ought to be fired for not doing his homework and smearing someone that way, especially a 14 year old kid.