Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A-A Qualifying Continues; Pro Circuit Wrap; New Feature Coming to ZooTennis

With twelve days in Tulsa coming up for me starting tomorrow, I've spent most of the day packing and watching the qualifying results at the All-American. I'm disappointed I won't be able to see Schnugg vs. Kronauge or Bowles vs. Barrick face off for a qualifying spot tomorrow, but I won't be arriving in time for that. The day's complete results in singles and doubles qualifying are here.

I've also been following the women's A-A qualifying today in Pacific Palisades and it looks like Bryan Shelton's Georgia Tech team is going to be a serious threat to repeat if early qualifying results are any indication. With Kristi Miller already in the main draw, five players are still alive in qualifying. Kirsten Flower, who had such a great fall as a freshman last year, has had two impressive wins: a third set tiebreaker got her past Duke's Ellah Nze, one of the best incoming freshmen this year, and in her second match of the day, Flower breezed past USC's Gabriela Niculescu, losing only two games. For complete draws, click here.

Sally Milano gives a synopsis of the Pro Circuit action this past week in the U.S. at usta.com.


And finally, I'm pleased to announce that renowned developmental coaches Harold Solomon and Andy Brandi will be answering questions from zootennis readers on a regular basis beginning in November. To get things rolling, I've sent them a few questions that I'm always interested in gaining perspective on. If you would like to submit a question for Andy or Harold, please leave a comment below, or email me at clewis[at]zootennis[dot]com. This is a great opportunity to discuss both philosophical and technical issues in player development, so take advantage of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do you think the mens team rankings will be come january?!?

Jerry's Dallas said...

Tulsa, great city. I dropped in at the Case Center briefly last weekend but didn't stay for any of the matches. I spent most of my time at the Tulsa Challenger pro event.