Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

WInter National Winners

As promised, a slide show of most of the winners of the Winter Nationals in Arizona. I wasn't there, of course, but I've searched through my photo archives and found most of the older competitors. I apologize for having no photos of the girls 18s winner, Emily Gelber, the unseeded 14-year-old from New York, who didn't lose a set on her way to the championship, and the boys 14s winner, No. 9 seed Nathan Pasha of Georgia, who also didn't drop a set en route to his gold ball. Although I had the boys 12s finalists, thanks to the recent Florida tournaments, I didn't have either of the girls in the 12s final.

Eric Boal of the LA Daily News followed the Southern California contingent throughout the tournament, and filed this story about Ryan Thacher's victory in the boys 18s.

I also added photos of Julia Cohen, who just won her third straight Casablanca Cup, the ITF Grade A tournament in Mexico, and took the doubles title as well. Kellen Damico teamed with Jonathan Eysseric of France to take the boys doubles championship.


2 comments:

Kevin G. McClure said...

Wow, that slide show looks great. I watched it a few times over. Great work.

Kevin G. McClure
Host, The Tennis Podcast

Anonymous said...

how bout emily gelber? cmon guys she was the only new yorker to win a super national girl's 18 in a while