Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

SMASH Column, Tulsa ITF edition; Querrey Signs Huge Adidas Sponsorship


My weekly online column for SMASH was posted today and I've already started my list for next week's. High on it will be Sam Querrey, who signed a very lucrative sponsorship agreement with adidas which I heard about today on Lynn Berenbaum's tennis blog Off The Baseline. Tennis Week published some details. Special thanks to Jon Neeter of Pacific Strings for passing along this recent photo of Querrey.

I also wanted to link to my friend and colleague Bonnie DeSimone's story for espn.com on Vania King and James Blake. She asked Blake about working with Mark Merklein and he has quite a bit to say about it. And I'm very grateful that she mentioned zootennis too.

And finally, if you would like to read what Paul Goldstein thinks of Alex Kuznetsov's future, the Sacramento Bee (registration required) reports it here.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a pretty good article on Kuznetsov. Goldie says he has top50 potential. When are Kuznetsov, Simmonds, Odesnik, Jenkins, Witten, Widom, Kryvonos, Oudsema, Evans or Ram gonna have that breakthrough win? Maybe if one of them made a big move it would trigger others to do the same; hopefully at least.

Anonymous said...

I know Julie Cohen is currently ranked #9 in the world for juniors and about 470 on the WTA tour but having seen her play over the last few years I did think she was one girl whose game wasn't near ready, yet, for the pro tour. Do you have any idea what her plans are after junior tennis?

I see she's still listed on the Tennis Recruiting site so is that an indication she hasn't given up her amateur status?