Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Thursday, May 12, 2005

All you need is love in farce of wild-card system - Sport - Times Online

All you need is love in farce of wild-card system - Sport - Times Online--
Great headline, great story. There is some world-class reporting done here folks. This particular story doesn't pertain to junior tennis (though I have seen my fair share of puzzling wild cards into junior events--I'm still trying to figure out who Benjamin Rogers is and why he got a wildcard into the Orange Bowl last year), but many a junior is in the running for these very same wild cards. You just pray they have a better resume (and game) than messrs. Lownsbrough, Brighten and Dee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello, Benjamin Rogers is from Tennessee....He plays tennis for the University of TN

Colette Lewis said...

Thanks for letting me know. I can ask him myself how he happened to get a wild card into the Orange Bowl, as I think I'll be seeing him at the NCAAs in College Station. He and his doubles partner are seeded eighth in the country.