Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Orange Bowl 2006 final wrap; soggy start to Junior Orange Bowl


My final words on the Orange Bowl appear today at The Tennis Recruiting Network, and for those who weren't able to follow my daily reports, it's a synopsis of the final weekend at Crandon Park.

Thursday marks the beginning of the qualifying for the Junior Orange Bowl--12s and 14s, boys and girls. It rained off and on all morning, at times heavily, and unfortunately, Friday is expected to be just as wet. Even the weekend's forecast has a chance of rain each day, so it could be a very frustrating few days for the tournament staff, including my husband, who is director of the boys' 12s site at Tropical Park.

My plans for Friday include the ITA Coaches Convention at the Doral and maybe some Christmas shopping, neither of which demands dry weather.

Speaking of which, I want to thank those that are using the link to Amazon (scroll to bottom) that appears on zootennis. You don't have to buy the featured books--anything purchased through this link generates a small percentage for me, which I will use to offset my travel expenses.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey colette just wondering, what are the junior tourneys that you are looking forward to most for 2007?

Colette Lewis said...

Mobile (USTA Spring 18s Nationals), Easter Bowl, Kalamazoo, Eddie Herr, Junior Orange Bowl. Can anyone guess the common denominator in those five?

Anonymous said...

what about clays?

Colette Lewis said...

If I go to Wimbledon, as I'm hoping, the Clays would be too close to that. If I don't go to Wimbledon, I may try the girls' 18 clay courts this year.

Anonymous said...

good weather?

Colette Lewis said...

The Jr. Orange Bowl round of 64 boys 12s matches did get completed on Friday, despite rain much of the day, but there is widespread rain again this (Sat.) morning, so it is likely to be a very long day again